Friday, November 16, 2012

Dreams to Be Pursued : Up in the Air (part 3)

lemme ask you read this post. please take a look at the first three photos.

Challenger Space Shuttle



Discovery Space Shuttle



Airbus A380


in accordance to the first three photos above, do you get astounded by the jet - assisted winged vehicle? or am I the only one who undoubtfully do? I guess I am. it gives me goosebumps whenever I scroll down through the internet on some NASA sources trying to find its newest discovery from the outer space. everytime I see pictures like number one, I cry. I know, I'm such a hyperbole. but it's a fact.



whenever I am going on a vacay by a plane, I always remind my parents to book 2 seats which are near to both wings so me and my narcissistic ego-centric little sister will not have a fight over a simple problem. and I always sit by the wing, with my dad sits beside me. why do I insist to be seated near the wing? because watching the wing changes during a flight, is on the top of my must-do list on a flight.


on a flight, me and dad mostly talk about aeronautics issues which he knows I am madly interested in. and........he always asks how much I wannabe an aeroflyer and a part of an aviation business. if you wanna know how often I dream about being a pilot/astronaut, honestly I dream that every single day and always end up crying.  hyperbole again. becoming a pilot or hopefully an astronaut for a girl who has eyes impairment like me is same as trying to walk on a fire barefoot. impossible. you may get yourself killed -crashed and burned, we may assume. so.....his questions will always be left as questions because we both know that a girl like me will never achieve something worthy and useful like flying planes. but somehow, my dad still hopes the best for me to fly one of those things one day. eventhough without a surgery, it's impossible to get my normal and clear vision back. moreover, my pscyhomotor and logic skills are poorly bad and I always fluke and choke on such lessons even with my hardest try, how on earth could I possibly become a pilot?


I have 5 friends who have the same desire to become a flyer. 3 of them wannabe astronauts, and pilots for the rest. those who dream of becoming an astronaut consider their dream as an impossible thing to achieve - just like me -, and those who wanna be pilots will go to AFI after graduating from high school. how lucky. it  sucks to be just sitting right here where you are when people get busy chasing their dreams who are the same as yours but you can not do anything to chase yours. 


everytime people ask me what will I do for a living in the future, I always answer ''astronaut, wish me luck." and they will go like ''are you pulling my leg? you're a girl, you will have a family and bunch of kids to look after and besides, you're wearing glasses. how if you die in a plane crash? you should go on a reality check!" well, thanks a lot. you have succeeded pointing out my flaw which I already had seen and tried to burry. and by the way, I thought this world already have had male - female tolerance in profession and gender issues.


there are reasons why I change my blog title. as you may already know, defying gravity is to defy gravity a.k.a to fly. gravity forces you to stay steadily on the ground, but you fly away instead. in the other hand, it's referring to a person who dislikes being forced to follow their life path or bossed around and they often don't give a single damn to the law of life. they like to go on their own way. they're more likely me.


as well as this post's title : 'Up in the Air'. it means flying, obviously. and also it refers to an uncertain or not-yet-decided condition. suits to my post enough. 


Columbia Space Shuttle Cockpit







A380 Cockpit

it's kinda frustating. it's been a lifetime dream to seat on a Boeing or Airbus cockpit and say


"Soekarno - Hatta Ground, Skyway 102, A380 stand 110 with information KILO, 1010 millibars, request IFR clearance to Jakarta." 


or maybe if the ATC says


"Garuda Airlines nine ninety five,  you're cleared to land. let's do it taxi into position and hold, be ready."



I'll be answering



"affirmative. nine ninety five's ready. waiting for your permission to land."



or maybe we'll have a convo like



"Surabaya Control, Lion Air, A380, climbing altitude 5000ft, passing 3200ft, WOBUN 3F departure."




cool isn't it?


but what I've always wanted to say in the future is......


"Houston, do you copy? this is Apollo 20. 27th day, 7 hours, 10 minutes of mission. this is Commander Amira speaking.'"


ha. inhale. exhale.



like seriously, when will Indonesian astronaut be a able to say those words from a space ship?



we had 2 Indonesian former astronauts. they are Mrs. Pratiwi Sudharmono and Mr. Taufik Akbar. they had undergone astronaut training in NASA for months before unfortunately, the Challenger that had been scheduled to bring them up there exploded and the mission itself was canceled. ever since then, we don't have any astronaut. 


hopefully someday Indonesian young generation can continue their legacy. maybe with Indonesia's own mission and own spaceshuttle. and if it's me who's given the opportunity, I am up to the challenge:) 


Someday...........

No comments:

Post a Comment